Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vvti dct

Work... what work? Club Member AdamAMG's Avatar
    Feedback

Vvti dct

Hi guys, has anyone managed to get a DCT running on a VVTI? If so, is it reliable and what is the drive like?

Feedback
    Anyone? This forum really has died a death...

I'm addicted now! Club Member
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    There's only 3 or 4 cars running the BMW DCT, not sure if any of them are VVTi
    1994 Stock TT Supra & N/A 5 soon to be NA-T 6 speed

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Style's Avatar
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    SRD has one running a Lexus DCT as well but again, probably non vvti.
    '96 SZ-R 6 Speed.
    Whifbitz NA-T
    Project Thread Here

Money Laundering Club Member johnny g's Avatar
    Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamAMG View Post
    Hi guys, has anyone managed to get a DCT running on a VVTI? If so, is it reliable and what is the drive like?
    There's no reason it wouldn't be. If the S6Plus has the required outputs left to drive the VVTi then there's no reason at all it wouldn't work
    If it doesn't have the required outputs, you can get the IO expansion board, or the S7i ECU.

The VVTi and DCT aren't mutually exclusive. But, seeing as the works on the DCT is done by Whifibitz, you'd be best asking directly.
    Johnny - Twitter - Blog - Web Design
    2017 Nissan GT-R, Recaro Edition in Daytona Blue. Litchfield Stage 4.5, 755bhp, 641lb/ft - Alcon Superkit - Magic Air Freshener

Metal Wide Arch 13J Club Member Noz's Avatar
    Feedback
    101 (100%)
    Vvti wouldnt make any difference. It's like asking if a turbo affects the diff they arent connected.

ECU will handle vvti and the DCT.

I dont think the forum has died purely because no one answers you. Maybe no one knows. Or is interested.

400+ members online. For a car that's 20 years old. I'd say it's a pretty active forum.

Feedback
    It used to be a hell of a lot more active. I could barely keep up in the not-so-distant past!

Anyway, notwithstanding the VVTI, what is the DCT like to drive?

Money Laundering Club Member johnny g's Avatar
    Feedback
    20 (100%)
    It used to be a hell of a lot more active. I could barely keep up in the not-so-distant past!

cant speak to the Supra, but it’s bloody great on the BMW
    Johnny - Twitter - Blog - Web Design
    2017 Nissan GT-R, Recaro Edition in Daytona Blue. Litchfield Stage 4.5, 755bhp, 641lb/ft - Alcon Superkit - Magic Air Freshener

Work... what work? Club Member
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    I'm in the process of building a VVTi DCT Supra
    Follow my ground-up rebuild on Instagram @Suprakraut

Feedback
    Good luck with your build buddy! Let us know how you get on...

Not really a newbie Club Member
    Feedback
    3 (100%)

The DCT in the Supra is amazing, I am pushing around 700bhp and done over 20,000 miles since the conversion was done. You get all the I-drive settings which gives you 5 "auto" settings to suit your mood then 6 "manual" settings. The manual 6 mode is just insane. Perfect gear changes, down shifts, rev matching, zero lost of boost during gear changes and zero loss of power to the wheels. No upset to the chassis during gear changes. You can set rumble, pops, bangs during gear changes if you want. Definitely worth it

Super Admin Super Moderator Branners's Avatar
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    I saw a video of the dct box on the dyno the other day and the shifts are amazing. Definitely worth looking at
    1995 j-spec auto - SOLD SEPT04
    Lardy fast UK spec TT Emigrated to Sweden to live with Johan Apr08
    1998 RSP VVTi Tiptronic - and so it starts again
    www.mkivsupra.net

Take a look outside and you'll soon realise you're better off in JB's Supra world - SupraStar 3000 24-8-07

I never lurk. I just saunter in a furtive way Lbm on his inaugral use of moderator powers

Feedback
    So would you guys suggest this over a built Auto box?
    I am currently on my fourth Supra relapse and desperately searching for a cure from this debilitating condition...

Most notable vehicular history:
    White Toyota Supra TT VVTi 6 Speed - so far, stock...
    Black Audi S8 Plus; Black Porsche 911 991.5 Turbo S; Grey BMW 640d - modified to 450bhp; White Audi RS7 Performance - modified to 690bhp; White Tesla Model X P100D; Grey Tesla Model S P100D; White Audi RS6 Performance; Black Audi RS Q3; Grey Toyota Supra TT VVTi Tiptronic - BPU; White Mercedes GTS; White Mercedes CLS63 AMG S; White Mercedes C63 AMG S; Black Mercedes E63 BiTurbo AMG S; Silver Mercedes E55K AMG - modified to 650bhp; Black Toyota Supra Single Turbo Auto - modified to 620bhp; Black Toyota Supra TT VVTi Tiptronic - BPU

Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by scott.wild View Post
    The DCT in the Supra is amazing, I am pushing around 700bhp and done over 20,000 miles since the conversion was done. You get all the I-drive settings which gives you 5 "auto" settings to suit your mood then 6 "manual" settings. The manual 6 mode is just insane. Perfect gear changes, down shifts, rev matching, zero lost of boost during gear changes and zero loss of power to the wheels. No upset to the chassis during gear changes. You can set rumble, pops, bangs during gear changes if you want. Definitely worth it
    So you can make it sound like a modern fart can?

Only kidding, who installed yours? And if you don't mind me asking, what was the damage? PM if more comfortable.
    I am currently on my fourth Supra relapse and desperately searching for a cure from this debilitating condition...

Most notable vehicular history:
    White Toyota Supra TT VVTi 6 Speed - so far, stock...
    Black Audi S8 Plus; Black Porsche 911 991.5 Turbo S; Grey BMW 640d - modified to 450bhp; White Audi RS7 Performance - modified to 690bhp; White Tesla Model X P100D; Grey Tesla Model S P100D; White Audi RS6 Performance; Black Audi RS Q3; Grey Toyota Supra TT VVTi Tiptronic - BPU; White Mercedes GTS; White Mercedes CLS63 AMG S; White Mercedes C63 AMG S; Black Mercedes E63 BiTurbo AMG S; Silver Mercedes E55K AMG - modified to 650bhp; Black Toyota Supra Single Turbo Auto - modified to 620bhp; Black Toyota Supra TT VVTi Tiptronic - BPU

I'm addicted now! Club Member
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    So would you guys suggest this over a built Auto box?

If you can afford the 10k+ costs then yes.. otherwise SRD built box if I was going big power auto
    1994 Stock TT Supra & N/A 5 soon to be NA-T 6 speed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast