Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent help needed

Snowboard Man Club Member cainhead's Avatar
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    Could be a stuck open injector - you should be able to test the injector outputs with the ecu software.
    I had a look on the software and they all seem to be reading the same. They were brand new two years ago.

Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Style View Post
    o2 sensor may be on the way out like you say. I'm having a sort of similar problem y'see so it would be good to get to the bottom of it for both our sakes lol
    Im going to take the lamba and the AFR wide band sensor out and give then a clean. But also going to try my IACV from my other supra (should have tried that first really but stupidly didnt think)

Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Okay cleaned lambda sensor, wideband, spark plugs and put in the IACV from my other supra. Started well, but AFR still reading 10. Let it run for a while and noticed I still have a small coolant leak above the back of the block from the pipe running out of the heater. Noticed lots of condensation coming out the back, so got it back into the garage and turned it off. Checked the oil cap and it seems to have the dreaded creamy $#@! under it. So fearing the worst. I cleaned the cap up put it pack on and started it again. Started a little groggy and lots of fuel smoke again, AFR reading 10. Turned it off and checked the oil cap again, same stuff even after i cleaned it. So i think the head gasket has gone, would all of my symptoms make sense.

Then I guess i need to know whats the best way to test to confirm.

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Style's Avatar
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Compression test will be the best way to check the head gasket. Depending on how badly it's failed, I guess it could cause all sorts of problems.
    '96 SZ-R 6 Speed.
    Whifbitz NA-T
    Project Thread Here

Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Compression test will be the best way to check the head gasket. Depending on how badly it's failed, I guess it could cause all sorts of problems.
    I have a little garage two streets away that have said they can do this, may just take it over to get a confirmation either way.

Feedback
    5 (100%)
    can anyone tell me why after idle, then raising the revs to 2200 rpm and releasing the gas would it take a long time for the revs to return back to idle. Ive checked the TPS and i get the first and last readings but its a bugger to get to the terminals with a multi meter. Also can anyone confirm a jspec tt and uk tt TPS is the same unit. I may try the tps off my jspec to test.

I still think i have a HG issue as the crap is still under the oil cap, however i dont get any overheating or bubbling of the coolant. Cars getting pressure tested today so will report back.

Also after carefully looking through the aem software whilst connected i noticed the coolant temp seems really low. So just about to check that sensor as that could explain the rich AFR readings.

Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Okay think I just found my issue. just went to test the coolant sensor and one of the wires came out of the clip right at the back so no chance of soldering. Must be just the age of the car. Tried to save the connector but whilst removing the prongs it crumbled. So any one know where to get a new connector, or is the sensor/thermostat a standard part i.e available from an autofactors

Feedback
    44 (100%)
    Looks like you need Coolant Temp Sensor 90980-11062

Taken from here, hats off the Andy for this work.....

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthr...ght=connectors
    Number 8 ...........doing my best to keep
    Number 9 ........been and gone!
    Number 10 ........on its way

Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Is the ECU showing anything for it when plugged in? I think itís meant to make a clicking sound when you turn off the engine. Maybe see if you can hear it doing that to rule it in our out?
    Yeah it's a great thread I've been reading through that for the coolant temp resistance. I just need to know if the temp sensor comes with the clip that plugs into it as that's what's broken, but will change sensor whilst I'm there

Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cainhead View Post
    Yeah it's a great thread I've been reading through that for the coolant temp resistance. I just need to know if the temp sensor comes with the clip that plugs into it as that's what's broken, but will change sensor whilst I'm there
    Excuse my stupidy that part number is the clip

Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Okay problem of the over fueling solved, thanks to all the people that help. I managed to fashion a makeshift clip to plug the wires back into the coolant sensor. Started idles and runs well. Still concerned about the head though so off for a compression test.

Cheers again

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Style's Avatar
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Good to hear, fingers crossed on the head gasket!
    '96 SZ-R 6 Speed.
    Whifbitz NA-T
    Project Thread Here

Feedback
    44 (100%)
    Hopefully you've just not been using it much?
    Number 8 ...........doing my best to keep
    Number 9 ........been and gone!
    Number 10 ........on its way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12