Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556

Thread: Supra MkV launch and updates thread

Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by el_bandido View Post
    I see their customer service is already taking a nose dive. Paul Whiffin just put a post up saying that he had confirmation of an A90 edition, followed by an email saying he doesn't have one and it was a mistake.
    To be fair that's an order allocation $#@! up. Bit harsh to say the whole of Toyotas customer service has taken a nose dive?
    Not defending it as I'd be furious beyond reconciliation.

My thoughts this morning ran more along the lines of "actually, BMW make some really great cars...this is a way of owning one without the embarrassment and stigma attached to owning a BMW."

As for the Supra name? 6 cylinder, RWD, great to drive, throw in some race pedigree and tuner parts to come...I have a feeling they may do fine with this.

They were never going to please us existing owners - we're but a piddling pot compared to the big wide market that worries not about how the MkIV compares.
    Last edited by Pete; Today at 12:04.
    '97 VVTi Royal Sapphire Pearl Tiptronic BPU

Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    To be fair that's an order allocation $#@! up. Bit harsh to say the whole of Toyotas customer service has taken a nose dive?
    Not defending it as I'd be furious beyond reconciliation.

My thoughts this morning ran more along the lines of "actually, BMW make some really great cars...this is a way of owning one without the embarrassment and stigma attached to owning a BMW."

As for the Supra name? 6 cylinder, RWD, great to drive, throw in some race pedigree and tuner parts to come...I have a feeling they may do fine with this.

They were never going to please us existing owners - we're but a piddling pot compared to the big wide market that worries not about how the MkIV compares.
    I've yet to drive it (looks like the launch is in May at some point) but this is how I feel too. There's enough in the recipe to keep me entertained, anyway. And the platform is brilliant based on my Z4 prototype drive last year.
    "Adherence to an homogeneous lexicon axiomatically optimises messaging consistency" - Ron Dennis

Follow me on Twitter

Feedback
    For me, Id prefer the MK5 visually If was cleaner and had better flowing lines - like these images.
    Its all bit too unnecessarily fiddly out of the factory.
    Ultimately though, even making it look superb wouldn't be enough for me to buy one (too many other reasons), but it would make me dislike it less.

2Capture.PNG
    1toyota_supra_163.jpg

Me? Post? Never! Club Member chazuk's Avatar
    Feedback
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tayr View Post
    in my opinion when the mkiv first came out they never looked "special" against it's current market - it was only really because of the F&F franchise that they became such a big hit. Then the body kits started rolling out and finding one without a kit on was rare. Obviously now as time has gone on the stock appearance of the mkiv has become favorable and is gorgeous.

Stick a few "aftermarket" parts on the new one and it will look fantastic. BMW interior is nice and the B58 is really quick. Toyota never said they were trying to compete with the ferarris and lambos of today it was always suggested their main rival was the Cayman.

Toyota was never trying to be something who they weren't back at the launch of the MKIV and they are doing the same with the MKV
    Yea I agree wait for top secret , apr, doluck ,rocket bunny and whoever else to start making parts it will look bang on. I have been on the mkv forum and they do have a point everyone forgets what a true stock mkiv looks like and are comparing the new supra to modified mkiv's even if that just includes a rmn lip and lowered its not stock vs stock

Was interesting to see the amount of interest in the car on there and a poll that showed the highest amount of potential buyers don't own a mkiv . I thought this was pretty piss poor someone in the UK got a letter from Toyota to say sorry we overbooked on orders and you wont get the special launch edition but we will give you 2 years free service plan and guest at goodwood

I can see a TS bonnet looking nice on the new supra
    Chaz

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556